October 17, 2018

For the past two months I have felt like there

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > For the past two months I have felt like there

Patient: For the past two months I have felt like there is a baby moving around inside me but I’m not pregnant? I have had regular periods for the past 6 months, the last four have been later and later but still there…I have gotten nothing but negative urine test results but the moving in my stomach is still there…you can see it from the outside now and my husband has even felt it…I went to the doctor and he did a urine and it came back negative and he told me there is no way to get a false negative after 12 weeks of pregnancy, which if I am feeling movement I would have to be farther than that…I’m just so lost on what to do or think…I have one child and this didn’t happen…can anyone please give me some kind of answers???

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.It is possible that you have some sort of disease that is causing movement of the intest ines. The intestines are mobile structures and they pulsate to pass food. In some conditions or in some people, the intestine moves a lot.Another cause which has only been reported a handful of times is swallowed octopus eggs which have started to grow in the abdomen. These then move around in the abdomen.Also, you could be having irregular periods because of hormone levels. If this is the case, please get the hormone levels checked.Hope this helps you.

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No

×
Show

×
Show

Sponsored Ad