For the past two weeks, I have had major lower

Patient

Q: For the past two weeks, I have had major lower back pain which caused pain in my left leg. Today I went to a physical therapist and he told my that the lower part of my spine was twisted and compressing on a nerve causing the leg problems. Well right now, my hamstring is twitching, my calf muscle feels like it is cramping up and my foot has the numb/tingling feeling like it's asleep. When I try to stand on my tip toes, my leg automatically falls down. Should I be concerned about this or should I not worry because of the compressed nerve and it will go away on its own?

Symptoms:  Pain, numbness, tingling
Doctor

A:   Hi.

Read and understood your history of pain in the back radiating to the hamstrings, calf and foot.
This is suggestive of a compression of a major degree which may need a surgery too.
I would advise you the following:
- Urgent MRI of the Lower spine.
- Consultation of a Neurosurgeon for a proper clinical evaluation, examination, investigations and proper treatment, which may be surgical removal of the compressing forces.

I hope this answers your query and helps you to get an early diagnosis and proper treatment