For the past year my tonsil have been causing me

Patient

Q: For the past year my tonsil have been causing me trouble. I have recently had strep throat and went through the treatment and even felt great after but now Im having trouble breathing and experience a burning sensation when I do. It's painful on my right side the most and if I look at them with a flashlight there appears to be a bubble along with it being very spotted white on both tonsils. I often lose my voice for a few minutes. I also get shaky and dizzy from it and this is about the fourth or fifth time Ive had a probably so Id like to know if it's a big enough deal to go to the doctors or if it's something
minor

For the past year my tonsil...-1
Doctor

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query to ATD

I have seen the picture. It appears normal in shape and size. White spots on tonsils may suggest infection. Usually infection runs from throat to larynx to bronchus.
The problem you have stated is suggestive of upper respiratory infection.
The cause of sore throat most of the time is due to allergy and viral infection, it may sometimes get superadded with bacterial infection.
You have likely contracted a bacterial throat infection called pharyngitis with tonsillitis.
As we are not certain as to what type of bacteria is causing this so we recommend that you have your doctor take a swabbing sample from the back of your throat for laboratory testing.
You will likely be prescribed drug sensitive oral antibiotic medication to treat this infection.
Discuss with your doctor about prescribing you decongestants, pain killers and cough bronchodilators.
If your tonsils are becoming frequent site of infection (recurrent tonsillitis), then your doctor may advise you to go for tonsillectomy.

Please see your doctor.