Fordyce spots - Can you recommend treatment?

Patient : Hello and I hope you can help me. I have fordyce spots can you recommend any cheep treatment to cure them? and if possible without prescription?
Doctor :   Fordyce spots or Fordyce granules are relatively common in men. They are harmless small yellow-white spots found on the genitalia and are caused by hyperplasia of the sebaceous glands. Most men are worried by these spots as they think they could be caused by a sexually transmitted disease or some form of cancer. I would suggest that you talk to your doctor or a dermatologist. There are a number of effective treatment options available, such as calcipotriol and steroid creams.

Related Q&A

Q: My daughter was in a playroom an came into contact with dried blood which was not her own. Please answer the followin...

Q: I have stiffness in my scalp. Years ago I had several severe head trauma incidents with concussions. I have problems...

Q: I am a 19 year old female that has not had her first vaginal/pelvic exam yet. when do you suggest having one. I am go...

Q: I am a 56 yr old female who was on Imipramine 75 mg/daily for approx. 28 yrs. Doctor chose to switch me to Lexapro. ...

Q: I woke up this morning with a pain in my bladder that was dull. While working this morning it became very painful and...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon