Forearm Pain

Patient

Q: I have a real severe pain in my forearm that feels like someone sticking me with a needle in the bone. It happens about three times a day and does it about three times. Never felt pain like that before. I take oxycotin for my back three times a day and that does not phase it?

Doctor

A:   Sharp needle pains are not a real good sign. There are many different things it could be including a pulled muscle that you are not letting heal properly. I would go make an appointment with your doctor at the earliest opportunity so he can take a look at it.