Forehead vein pulse-tic?

Q: My apologies for using the "general" category; I searched through the topics and didn't find anything appropriate.

My husband has been experiencing a nervous twitch in his forehead for about a week, like a a vein jumping. It comes and goes; there can be hours without sensation, then twenty or more a minute. There's no pain associated with the tic and he is not experiencing any headaches. He is in his early 40s and in good health, not overweight. The twitch is more annoying than anything else, but we would like to make sure that it's not a symptom that needs to be pursued.

I've done some research around the web and he's not under unusual stress at the moment, is not ingesting more caffeine than usual (although he does drink coffee), and is getting his usual amount of sleep (which admittedly is less than I'd like). His blood pressure is good.