Foreign body in the rectum

Patient : About 1 and a half year ago a small foreign object of almost 3 cm (contains iron) had entered through the anus Then 2 hours later a dark stool was observed. Till now i'am ok Can any complications would have happened ? Would it lead to death anyway ?? I'm very shy to go to a doctor and explain that.....please answer me!! If i suffered something and i had to go to the doctor...would it be ok with not telling him that accident ??
Symptoms:  Sometimes i suffer abdominal pain in different regions
Sometimes it lasts for days otherwise it come and goes