Foreign object in Incision site after appendectomy

Patient : I had an appendectomy 4 weeks ago. I noticed site on left side of stomach not healing so I was tryin to remove the piece of scab I thought was stickin out, it turned out to be a loop of string of cotton, tried pulling out with cotton forceps with no luck. Any suggestions what it can be from or how doctor is going to et out tomorrow?
Doctor :   Your description suggest a portion of guaze which was used during your operation has somehow gotten stuck in your wound. Your surgeon will most likley attempt the same procedure you did but with special instruments. If that fails, then a small incsion may have to be made to remove the foreign object. This would be done after the area was anesthetized.