Foreskin problem

Patient

Q: Ok so Yesterday i was in the shower and I pulled my foreskin back and for what ever reason it ripped a little bit on the back side of the head near the top in that V shaped part, and now when I try to pull it back it stings really badly, not sure if its like healing on the forskin so its like fused together? if thats possible what can i do or what is happening?

Doctor

A:   You seem have developed a laceration (tear) in the foreskin. I cannot sya for certain the severity of the injury since I have not seen it but it does not seem to be too severe based on your description of your symtpoms. If you allow the tear to heal on its own you run the risk of scarring and deformity of the foreskin. The extent of scarring and/or deformity will depend on the severity of the tear. One option is to speak to your doctor about a circumcision, which is procedure to remove the foreskin of penis and is the procedure of choice if the tear is likely to leave a significant scar.