Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Foreskin Restoration

Foreskin Restoration

Patient: I recently stumbled across an article on reversing circumcision or “foreskin restoration”. I have done more looking around and reading and have found several stated benefits of having a foreskin. The primary one though is that when the glands is protected from clothing and other abrasive textures by the foreskin it becomes moist smooth and more sensitive. The method that most people on the internet are recommending is similar to the way that people gauge their ears. With the penis though they are putting tension on the shaft skin to induce mitosis and make it longer. This process seems to take upwards of two years depending on the desired amount of extra skin. I would like to know if the proposition that the glads is more sensitive is true, and if there are any risks involved with this type of practice. Also anything else that you might have to say, warn or suggest would be welcome. Thank you very much for your input.

Doctor: I doubt the glans of the penis will be more sensitive after a foreskin restoration procedure and  I am unaware of any sc cientific data to support that theory. With any procedure there are risk, however with the technique you have described the risks are quite small. The main risk is damage to shaft or the skin over the shaft of the penis.