Foreskin Restoration

Patient : I was circumcised in Dec 2003 at the age 22. The cause is Phimosis. I had a discussion with the doctor before the operation to leave as much skin as possible but in the end I was given a tight or high cut, meaning I can only move the skin a little bit when I have erection. Is there any medical procedure to restore my foreskin back to normal. Please advice. Regards
Doctor :   Foreskin restoration is indeed possible. There are surgical and non-surgical methods available. The surgical procedures usually involve using the skin of the scrotum to create a graft which is then place over the glans penis. Such procedures are usually costly and have the potential for complications with the graft. Non-surgical techniques commonly employ varying devices to elongated the skin of the penile shaft. Obviously these methods require more time to work. The results vary widely as there are several factors which determine outcome including the amount of residual foreskin, degree of commitment to procedure and differences in healing between individuals. You should also note that the restored foreskin, while having the same appearance as the natural foreskin, will function as such. There may be difficulty with keeping the glans penis covered at all times.  It is best to speak with an expert in foreskin restoration to better understand all the risks and benefits regardless of method employed.