Forgot to take the contraceptive pill

Patient

Q: I am taking the contraceptive pill and i have forgotten to take it for 4 days. I remembered today so i took them all, i am just worried on what could happen.

Doctor

A:   If more than 3 doses are missed, you need to stop taking the old cycle pills and start a new cycle of pills. Also you may need you use additional birth control method (condoms) till upto the last 7 days of the pill. It is common to experience periods within the month. It is unlikely that taking 4 pills would harm you, however if you have nausea, vomiting or abdominal pain, contact your health-care provider immediately.