Four and half year old talking and singing and not listening in class

Patient

Q: Hello Doctor,
My son is 4 and half years old. We are now living in USA for the past 5 months and we are from India. My son can understand the common words in English but cannot do any conversation. But he will tell the dialogues from cartoons and sing songs. He can write alphabets, numbers and spell some words. Today his Pre K teacher complained that he is not sitting in the class and not listening to her. He is talking to himself and singing in the air. She has made him to sit in one place but he is continuously talking and singing and told us to take him to a doctor. Please tell me how to handle this issue.

Doctor