Four month old baby with a fever for ten days

Patient : Our daughter has had a fever ranging from 99.2 to 101 for 10 days as well as diarhea for the same length of time. She is 4 months old and the doctor has not done anything. She thinks it is just a virus and we should wait it out. We are concerned over the length of time. The diarhea has gotten better(1-2x per day as oppsed to 4-5x) but the fever has remained the same and this is day 10. What should we do?
Doctor :   I understand how worried you are about your daughter’s fever. I agree with your Pediatrician that the most probable caus use of her diarrhea and fever might be due to a virus, most probably the Rotavirus. Special treatment for this entity is not needed, however treatment of the symptoms certainly need to be attended. For pediatric patients, fever can be dangerous if present for many days and at that level. Febrile seizures and dehydration are the most feared complications. I would suggest you to start with physical measures such as lukewarm water baths, light clothes and humid compresses on her armpits and especially give her plenty of fluids. If the fever does not remit, acetaminophen or children’s Tylenol might be given. I wish her a prompt recovery.