Four months and counting

Q: Accident occured August 2011; lifted a tall, shoulder width box and felt a pop with immediate tingling and pain on right side of thoracic spine. Sharp pain also radiated down into my right bicep but only lasted for 15 minutes

Given Naproxen and continued follow ups with regular doctor

When pain, tingling and burning sensation would not ease, sent to physio

Performed physio activities only to find major discomfort with certain activities, such as a specific overhead strengthening exericise and manual manipulation. Treatment also included tens unit and stretching

Physio stated he believed I may have dislocated a facet joint; manipulated it into place only to pop it later that day and was in severe pain; this was actually the worst it ever was. Sent for x-ray but nothing found; Given Flexeril and Tramadol until follow up with PM and R doctor

PM and R doctor recommended me to a Chiro for treatments; prescribed Zanaflex

Chiro performed Grasten technique which helped greatly in reducing the burning and tingling sensations to a small area by breaking up scar tissue; also used ultrasound and laser

After several weeks with the Chiro, it felt as though things had plateaued and went back to PM and R doctor who began TP injections.

Have had approximately 8 sessions for TP injections and am now starting a Polomar laser treatment. Complained I was also gaining weight from not being able to be active.

I am STILL having days of discomfort and pain. My last round of injections included a small amount of cortisone because the weather is also a major factor in pain. I am always having to crack the area of discomfort and if I move the wrong way or do something repetitive, even as simple as cooking, I'm still having pain and discomfort. I am still taking Zanaflex as well.

Could my phsio be correct in that I may have dislocated a facet joint or at least did something to it due to having to pop it almost all the time?

Also, what type of doctor should I see? Since this is a WC case, I am basically becoming the messenger between the doctors office and WC manager. My thinking is an Ortho BUT no one seems to be able to handle my case within the WC doctors since this is an area they are not experienced in. Also, what about an MRI? Should I see if my PM and R doctor could set me up for one? Maybe a radiologist could spot something the xray couldn't pick up?

I live in the Lehigh Valley PA and there are plenty of doctors in and around this area. Any professional recommendations will also help greatly in finding a doctor who might be able to help