Fractured bone

Patient: I was wrestling on feb.14 and had my hand crushed now I’m still having pain I still cant push on my knuckle and lean on my wrist on the side it makes all of my knuckles hurt bad and my wrist real bad pain. Should I go to the hospital.

Doctor: You mostly had sprain or strain of hand and wrist. Rarely fractures are seen. A hand X-ray will be helpful in the condit ion. Rest and cast for immobilization along with physiotherapy will be treatment of choice, but rarely surgery is required. You must definitely consult an orthopedician or sports physician, as it can be treated at home. Pain killers/analgesics can help you to relieve pain till you visit a physician.