Fractured radius and scaphoid bone

Patient : I fractured my radius and scaphoid bone six weeks ago im due to get the cast of Wednesday its still painful I'm just wondering wil I need another cast on after the 6 weeks
Doctor :   An x-ray of your radius and wrist will be done prior to removing the cast to assess how well your fractures have healed. The cast will only be removed if that x-ray demonstrates that your fractures have sufficiently healed. Fractures of the scaphoid bone occasionally do not heal with simple casting and may require surgery. The fact that you are still experiencing pain suggest that all is not well. Your orthopedic surgeon will give you more information after assessing your x-rays.