Fractured toe left untreated

Patient : Fractured my big toe in three places while at work. Concentra sent me home with an appointment to see the orthopedist in eight days. Is it safe to leave this untreated (no cast) for eight days?
Symptoms:  Fractured toe.
Doctor :   Hi. Thanks for your query. I think such fractures should be attended by an Orthopedician at the earliest, not so la te. You say there are three fractures. Insist on early reference to the Orthopedician. You may need pinning at the earliest to have better healing. Pinning is the use of screws or rods to stabilise and support the fractured leg. All the best.