Freaking out right now..

Q: Could a female get pregnant from using a towel that was wet from taking a shower and had sperm on it?

Symptoms:  No symptoms just paranoia

Thanks for contacting askthe

well the chances of sperms surviving in an external environment , after coming in contact with wet towel or fomite is bleak but there have been rare incidences reported where cloth used to wipe sperms when used , did cause accidental pregnancy.

sperms would stay alive generally in the vaginal tract in presence of fructose for about 72 hours so there does exist a possibility of pregnancy occurring in such a scenario. It is always better to opt for emergency contraception within 72 hours if such a chance is contemplated . If not taken then one has to wait for the menses to resume, though this may be stressful, but confirmation can be sought only after doing a beta hcg based urine pregnancy test done after 7 days of missed periods.

I hope i have answered your query in detail,