Frequent and painful urination

Patient

Q: Dear doctor, I need your help. My name is Christiane Helene, female, 19 years old, from the Philippines. I live alone and It's 2:15 AM May 3, 2014 here.. so I have nowhere to ask or go to at this hour..

Here's the thing. I currently have painful urination, frequent and in small amounts. Most of the time, I cannot control my urine. It voluntarily drips out. When I finally urinate in the bathroom, It is so painful I have to pinch myself to redirect my attention to another pain and there is a burning sensation but the urine released is roughly around 3/4 of a test tube. I don't have fever but been having cold sweats all day. This began when I woke up this morning around 6:15 AM May 2, 2014.

I had a sexy chat with my boyfriend and I masturbated the night before and slept without reaching my peak and with my hand probably staying under my panties for quite sometime.

Please tell me what I should do now? I am in a panic because I am not used to this kind of urination.

Symptoms:  Here's the thing. I currently have painful urination, frequent and in small amounts. Most of the time, I cannot control my urine. It voluntarily drips out. When I finally urinate in the bathroom, It is so painful I have to pinch myself to redirect my attention to another pain and there is a burning sensation but the urine released is roughly around 3/4 of a test tube. I don't have fever but been having cold sweats all day. This began when I woke up this morning around 6:15 AM May 2, 2014.
Doctor

A:   Thanks for consulting us. All the symptoms that you narrated here are pointing towards Urinary tract infection (UTI), most probably Lower urinary tract infection. UTI is most common in females compared to males because of short urethra and tract is nearly straight anatomically. Manipulation of vulva can cause UTI, which could be the cause in your case. Fever may not be evident for initial one to two days in some cases. You require antibiotics to get relief from this conditions. Consult physician, check complete urine examination and urine culture before starting antibiotics. May require USG abdomen to look for cystitis and upper urinary tract status. It is recommended to consult physician as early as possible and follow his advice. Wish you speedy recovery. Have a nice day.

Guest: sounds like a UTI.. go to the doctors ASAP. I get those a lot (shotty immune system) theyll give you something to fix it. take ALL the meds don't just stop when you feel better. If your urine turns red you need to go to the emergency room. to help prevent this from happening again, drink a glass of cranberry juice every day make sure its just cranberry juice, not a cocktail or from concentrate. Also drink a lot of water because dehydration makes it worse. Always go to the bathroom right when you feel you have to go, NEVER wait. Also when you use the bathroom, make sure you wipe front to back and if you can get some baby wipes or wet wipes to help keep you clean.