Frequent and unusual numbness

Q: I am 33 years old, and have an issue with hands and legs becoming numb so fast with the slightest discomfort when my blood is not flowing well, such as me sitting down or resting on my hand. ordinarily this is not suppose to be a problem if am in a position that my blood is not flowing properly due to the uncomfortable position. but this happens so frequently and very fast i am beginning to wonder could it be something else, and can there be a remedy so it does not graduate to something more severe.

Symptoms:  Body becoming numb unusually very fast and frequently

A:   Hi welcome to Ask The Doctor,

The most common cause of numbness in the hands and feet is nerve damage. There are many diseases that can involve the nerves and result in numbness, weakness, paralysis, or pain. These include diabetes, multiple sclerosis, and seizures. A poor diet that is deficient in essential vitamins like A, B5, B6, B12, and D, and minerals like iron, calcium, potassium, sodium and phosphorus can lead to various symptoms, including numbness or tingling in the hands and feet. More serious conditions include stroke, angina, and peripheral artery disease, where there is a major reduction in blood flow to the brain, heart, or other parts of the body, leading to weakness, numbness and sometimes, even paralysis. So it is better to consult a Doctor and discuss this problem.