Frequent Sensation of Urination

Patient

Q: I would really appreciate some help with an issue I've been having for the past week or so.

I'm 17, male and attending school. And not on any medication. Whilst in class, I frequently get a tingling sensation in my penis as if I am urinating. Not heavily, just leaking. However, whenever I check, nothing has come out. This is happening pretty much constantly, and can be slightly controlled by crossing my legs.

Here's the twist: It happens in class. That's it. Never during breaks. Never at home. Just in class. And even then, it tends to go away when I am distracted by actual work, but if I think about it, it comes back.

It's not that I need to urinate any more than usual, and there is no pain whilst urinating, nor any blood in the urine. I am thinking it is some psychological issue, but I am not sure what it is, and if there is any way to remedy it.

I'd love to know if anyone has come across it before, what it might be, if it is worth going to the doctor about, and how to treat it.

Thanks,
Conor

Doctor