Frequent urination, dry skin, and (maybe) memory or concentration problems

Q: Hi,

I'm a 22 year old male with a very sedentary lifestyle and sometimes odd sleeping patterns because I spend a lot of time on the Internet, reading, or studying on my own. I'm not overwheight but I don't exercise or go out much, although I do have a few friends with which I regularly meet. I used to smoke a lot of pot during the past two years but not so much lately. I have a whole bunch of symptoms and don't know whether they are related to each other so I'll just list everything here.

About one year ago, I started showing two symptoms: polydipsia and polyuria. I was tested for urinary infection, diabetes mellitus, and diabetes insipidus, but turned out to have neither so my doctor just told me to be careful about my water intake. That helped to some extent:

I used to urinate and drink water almost every hour during the day although, oddly, sometimes half a day would pass and the symptoms wouldn't show; I also and woke up once or twice during the night (in total, something like 6-7 liters per day). However, nowadays, it doesn't happen that much. I'm still very thirsty when I wake up and SOMETIMES urinate more frequently than usual but it's definitely much better.

A couple of months ago, the skin on the palms of my hands started to peal really badly (sometimes it burned and was quite red - probably because my skin wasn't very thick and there was nothing to protect my hands when I used them). I noticed the same thing happening to my feet but to a much smaller degree. I also have chapped lips. Other than that, I seem to lose some hair when I shower (this is an older symptom) even though I don't have any bald spots or anything. Could any of this mean I still have a problem from last year and am dehydrated or something?

Lately, I also noticed that, although I have above than average intelligence, my memory is not in its best shape. For instance, I watched an episode of The Simpsons and only realized I've seen it the week before 10 minutes after the epsiode had started. I also forgot a few other things but I can't say it was anything important. It could (?) also be because I don't really concentrate sometimes when I'm not interested. For example, when someone starts talking about something I find boring I will sometimes drift away and think about other things and later realize I have no clue what they've told me. I should note that CAN pay attention if I want to, it's not like I have no control over this. Furthermore, if it's something of interest to me, I will always listen. It could be that this is all normal and I'm worrying for nothing but I thought I should mention it anyway. Or maybe I'm depressed about my life and don't know it (I can't say I feel depressed but I hear depression can be funky like that)?

Do you think not smoking weed and changing my lifestyle (more sleeping, eatting better food, exercising more, and more effort in my social life) would help with the above problems?