Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Frequent Urination lower back pain.

Frequent Urination lower back pain.

Patient: I had an abortion a month ago, I was alright and follow up check up showed no signs of residue in my uterus. Now I am urinating a lot than usual, i have lower back pain and after having my food i get stomach ache. can anyone advise me?

Symptoms: Urination, lower back pain, stomach ache

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query,Hope you have ruled out the chances of a pregnancy. It is quite possible to conceive soon after an abortion.The symptoms you have described are more likely to be due to an infection, mostly in the uterus called endometritis or could also be a pelvic inflammatory disease. I suggest you to consult a gynecologist and get an examination done. A vaginal swab may be needed and on the reports antibiotics may be suggested. Also, an ultrasound may be needed to check the status of uterus and rule out any inflammation.Hope this helped.Regards,