Frequent Urination on Adderall

Patient: I just recently ended my UTI antibiotics, but on my last few pills I began taking adderall. Ever since my prescription was done and I I’m just on adderal it seems as though my UTI symptoms are back. However it’s more frequent urination especially at night, than it is pain. I have to go even if I just went and it’s keeping me from sleeping. What should I do? Will this go away?

Doctor: Thank you for your question. There are no documented adverse side effect between Adderall (amphetamine / dextroamphetami ne) and common antibiotics for treating UTIs such as ciprofloxacin, nitrofurantoin, and amoxacillin.However, it is not uncommon to have a persistent urinary tract infection that does not respond to a single course of antibiotics. In your case, it is possible that you may have had a recurrence of this urinary tract infection. You may need to follow up with another course of antibiotics for this UTI. Please see your doctor.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com