Frequent Urination? Should I worry about diabetes?

Q: Hi, I am very worried about my health right now. I've peed 5 times already between the hours of 12:00am-8:20am. And last night I peed 3 times within the space of an hour. I'm 16 years old , female ,and wondering if this should cause worry for diabetes?

Symptoms:  Peeing more than I'm used to.

A:   Hello
Thank you posting your query on ATD
Passing urine frequently doesn’t always means it is diabetes.
Increased frequency of urination is also seen in urinary tract infection or bladder cystitis.
In diabetes there is polydypsia (more Thirst), polyurea (more urination) and polyphagia (more carving for food) are symptoms of diabetes.
If you are having family history of diabetes, if you are having all symptoms more than 15 days even after taking treatment for UTI, if you are losing weight for unknown reasons then you can suspect diabetes.
you are advised to consult your doctor who may advise urine tset for confirming cause of increased frequency of urination.