Frequent vomiting and light brown spotting

Q: My Wife (aged-29) is into her 1st pregnancy, currently 8 weeks.

- She is having frequent vomiting and unable to intake any food.
- Light brown spotting occasionally

We consulted the near by gynac specalist who said that vomiting is common and that its the good sign of pregnancy. She also prescribed fertigen injection once in 4 days and Michelle SR tab. About brown spotting, doctor said that it should not happen.

As per the sonography there are no issues. However the concern is wife's health as she is unable to take any food because of vomiting.

Will this have any effect on fetel development.

Kindly suggest.

Symptoms:  Frequent vomiting and light brown spotting occasionnally

A:   Hi,

During the early weeks of pregnancy some amount of nausea and vomiting is common.
Antiemetics drugs can help in decreasing these symptoms.
By taking small meals at more frequent intervals, including more fluids, fruits, vegetables in the diet, decreasing oil, salt, sugar in the diet can help to some extent.
With the progression of pregnancy usually the severity of vomitings will decrease and normal baby growth can be maintained.
The possible causes of spotting are increased blood supply to local genital structures, growing gestational sac damaging the surrounding vessels, bleeding on expected date of periods as small gestational sac cannot completely obliterate uterine cavity etc.
Ferigen injection containing human chorionic gonadotrophin and Michelle SR tablet containing progesterone help in decreasing the spotting and in preventing miscarriage.

Hope this helps.
Take care.