Friction burn on penis

Patient : How can you tell when a friction burn on the head of the penis has healed?
Doctor :   Thank you for your question. An abrasion in a sensitive area such as in the glans penis can take several days to weeks t o heal completely. A simple assessment to determine if this area has healed completely is to visually inspect the affected area. If there is no sign of abrasion, no pain, redness, or swelling, it is possible that it has healed. Please follow up with your doctor if you are not certain. AskTheDoctor.com wishes you a rapid recovery.