Frustrating biting and crawling sensation

Q: From November 2010 I have been suffering severe sensation all over my body underneath my skin layer. I MUST mention that this all started immediately from a severe case of thrush I had in 2010, where the thrush lasted 4-5 months. My body has not been the same since.

Spoke to numerous docs and done tests but no diagnosis found. This sensation is so severe that I can't sleep for weeks and during day and night its always there most days. I know it may not be connected as Docs have claimed but it did start within a week of my thrush ending and almost like thrush evolved into this sensation or imbalanced my body.

Now a little about what this 'sensation'- Symptoms are strange. The sensation feels like there are "invisible bugs" crawling on, and/or biting and pinching my skin from inside on whole body. No actual bites, rashes, marks, puss, signs, sores or anything of that nature is visible. This intensity of biting increases more at night when laying down for some strange reason. The crawling sensation occurs throughout my whole body, no area is exempt from this! However this sensation is felt strongest around vaginal and anal area! And it seems to be completely random bites/pinches. For example, it would pinch/bite on finger then next one within seconds would be on stomach. I'll feel it on my arm, then my face, then leg, then arm again, then ear or nose pattern. So not even in the same areas. The sensation "goes away" once I touch the area (either itch it, brush it gently, slap it or just generally touch it in anyway)...but happens elsewhere. Sometimes session lasts for hours, or an hour. comes and goes all day but generally always there. I must add intensifies just before a monthly period too! Some days it is light but it still frustrates me as I can't ignore it and keeps me awake everyday until 6-7am. I cry a lot about it and feel so depressed. Docs wont refer me to any specialist despite begging them to, but apparently due to normal results in test means I can't be referred.

I must stress this is not thrush and i have no symptoms of thrush. The level of biting has many intensity levels, severe where I am going crazy and physically I am just slapping my body and lightly where I would just shuffle a little and do that for hours (still very upsetting and frustrating). As I already said the biting sensation increases highly in bed or just before my period is due it gets crazy! I cant concentrate or think about anything apart from that! Seems to disappear when I am actually ON the beginning of my period though, other then those days it is there the whole month and every month of the year! Sometimes it is less noticeable at times of when I am occupied, like bathing or swimming although still there. However when it is going crazy it is very noticeable and I get irritable and cannot walk or stand as the bites or whatever it is makes me jerk a lot. The worst part is my private area below, it is SO intensified in that area, around anal and vagina lips/labia etc. This is the most affected area and bites/sensations is more closer together and stronger here and never wants to go and it always brings me down to tears. Unfortunately out of desperation I have discovered anaesthetic cream put around private parts have made it go for about few hours hence helps me sleep (its the only way! as the cream numbs the skin although I know I shouldn't!

Firstly as doctors has suggested, I have not changed any soaps, creams, washing powder and have no allergies or scabies, bugs on body. I have been tested for all these and had blood test which came out normal. I do not have dry skin and I suffer from no other ailments. So docs have ruled out thrush, scabies, dry skin...

I have read about possibility of bedbugs, so i tore my bedroom apart looking for signs of an infestation and saw NOTHING. My mattress at that time was brand new. But also i got married last year in Sept and i now live in a completely different house and new bed and mattress and yet I am suffering. I am a clean person and I wash all underwear in boiling hot water. So doctors have ruled out bedbugs...

I must add that I am going crazy and I constantly move around the bed I have had this FAR too long. Also want to make it clear this is NOT a itch, i would never describe it as that, it is a biting/pinching sensation. Just like a tiny needle being poked inside me but from within and crawling at times too. I just want to know have you heard anything of the sort? What can I possibly do next to be seen by a specialist? I can't just be left like this I have even contemplated ending my life Its driving me insane and I have no hope, just want to know where can I go from here...