Functional Ovarian Cyst

Patient: I been having pain in my lower abdomen for 2 months last month i went from dr to dr and found out i have a ct on the right ovary. that was 5cm. this month i went to the dr again and there is 2 cyst now and the dr. said the 5cm is not there anymore. went and got another ultrasound sone this month and there are 2 cyst now one is 4.5 and the other is 3.9cm there are low level echoes within them i like to know wat low level’s mean. there is some vascular flow along the border but no vascular flow is identified within the center what does that mean too.

Doctor: Most ovarian cysts are functional cysts. Ovaries contain follicles that produce the hormones estrogen and progesterone a nd release an egg during ovulation. Sometimes these follicles keep on growing and forms cysts. There are two types of functional cysts, follocular and corpus luteum cyst. Treatment of a fuctional cyst depends on your age, the type and size of your cyst, and your symptoms. Your doctor may suggest watchful waiting, birth control pills or surgery. I wish you well, take care.

View all posts