Fungus found in lungs

Patient

Q: I had recently had a biopsy on my lung that the docs. thought to believe was cancer then i had a section of my lung removed for further biopsy upon that docs found a fungus thought to be hystoplasmosis lab studies can not find or grow this fungus.. now i have a serious mouse infestation in my home an have been catching the rodents for awhile now an the landlord wont do anything about this problem by chance do u think my condition could be mouse dropping related cause if the had gotten in my vents im sure is very possible could having the heat on blowing air release this disease into my lungs

Symptoms:  Fungus found in lungs
Doctor

A:  
Hi
Thank you for the question,

Histoplasmosis is a type of lung infection. It is caused by inhaling Histoplasma capsulatum fungal spores. Spores are found in soil and in the droppings of bats and birds. This fungus mainly grows in the central, southeastern, and mid-Atlantic states. Possible symptoms include:
-fever
-dry cough
-chest pain
-joint pain
-red bumps on your lower legs. If you have a mild case of histoplasmosis, you may never know that you were infected. Testing for histoplasmosis is usually reserved for people who both have a severe infection and live or work in a high-risk area. To confirm a diagnosis, your Doctor might conduct blood or urine tests. These tests check for antibodies or other proteins that indicate prior contact with histoplasmosis. Your Doctor might also take urine, sputum, or blood cultures to make an accurate diagnosis. If you have any of these symptoms, then you need to seek medical care.

You seem to have some lung infection but not necessarily Histoplasmosis. You can diagnose it by talking to a Doctor.

I hope this will help you. Have a nice day.