Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Funicular study, ovary correct size

Funicular study, ovary correct size

Patient: Hi , last 4 months my period are regular. January i did my funicular study, at that time Rt ovary 17*10mm from date of 8 to 14 and endometrial thickness 9.8. This months also did my funicular study 8th day of periods Rt ovary 17*7mm and 10th day 18.2*8.6mm and today my 12th day 18.4*8.6. Its ok for pregnancy or tell me correct size details and how can i know my ovulation.

Symptoms: Funicular study

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query,The follicular study estimates the number of follicles and their subsequent growth wit h progression of menstrual period. The ovarian volume is not relevant here. If the follicle size reaches 20-22mm, then the chances of ovulation are higher usually by mid-cycle.I hope I have answered your query in detail,Regards