Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Fustrated parents dealing with child adhd

Fustrated parents dealing with child adhd

Patient: My son is 11 years old he has been treated for ADHD with no success. I know there is no real cure, but with everything that we have tried all the meds and disciline we’ve tried hasn’t help in the slightest and in some cases made it worse. So my ? is: Is there something eles we need to look at or do? We are worried parents that cares about their son and dont know what eles to do please help.

Doctor: I would look into alternative treatments such as Behavior Modification for starters and changing your sons nutrition as well. Behavior modification treatments would be something where you would reward desired behavior with privileges and/or rewards while discouraging bad behavior with removal of privileges (also punishment). Diet Changes would also help with ADHD and i suggest you consult a dietician in your area to look into your son’s eating habits. Hope this helps.