Fustrated parents dealing with child adhd

Patient : My son is 11 years old he has been treated for ADHD with no success. I know there is no real cure, but with everything that we have tried all the meds and disciline we've tried hasn't help in the slightest and in some cases made it worse. So my ? is: Is there something eles we need to look at or do? We are worried parents that cares about their son and dont know what eles to do please help.
Doctor :   I would look into alternative treatments such as Behavior Modification for starters and changing your sons nutrition as well. Behavior modification treatments would be something where you would reward desired behavior with privileges and/or rewards while discouraging bad behavior with removal of privileges (also punishment). Diet Changes would also help with ADHD and i suggest you consult a dietician in your area to look into your son's eating habits. Hope this helps.

Related Q&A

Q: Hey doc, my ADHD meds aren't working like it should be and I've been taking these meds (concerta) since I was 10 year...

Q: I'm 26 years old and I strongly believe that I have ADHD and bipolar disorder. I can confirm this assumption by own e...

Q: I'm finding it very difficult to effectively manage my ADHD symptoms as an adult. It's embarrassing and humiliating. ...

Q: I was prescribed Vyvanse for my ADHD and I actually lost / am unable to find where I had put the bottle itself contai...

Q: My child is suffering from ADHD and he is hyperactive. He does not make any eye contact, does not listen to our comma...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon