G’day Dr, Last month My son (Age: 2 year 4 mont

Patient : G’day Dr, Last month My son (Age: 2 year 4 months) had severe edema in his scrotum, puffy eye lids, belly and legs. After diagnosis it was found to be nephrotic syndrome. Doctor prescribed Steroid Prednisolone 25 mg/day for 2 weeks. Edema started reducing and his weight came down from 12.4Kg to 10.6 Kg. No significant side effects because of the steroid. When we checked the urine Protein Albumin, it was still showing 4 + after two weeks. Doctor prescribed to continue the steroid for another 2 weeks and now all his edema has gone fully with very mild puffy eye lids still. When we checked Urine sample 4 days back it was showing NIL Protein Albumin and again we checked the Urine sample today nearly after 4 weeks of steroid treatment, it was again showing 3+. Last week he had mild cold & cough and the doctor prescribed medication for his mucus & cough along with prednisolone for another one week. The doctor raised suspicions that he is not responding to the steroid based on the Urine sample today and Kidney biopsy may be required after one week. He also said that this might have happened because of the Cold Infections and So that we can wait for one more week by continuing the steroid treatment to see that the Urine protein comes to NIL. I really want to know whether my son is responding to the steroid treatment since severe edema in his body has gone, he looks very normal like before and Urine Protein was also NIL 4 days ago? Is it essential to carry out kidney biopsy after week if the urine protein level doesn’t comes down or can we wait for some more time continuing the steroid medication?
Symptoms:  Previous symptoms of severe edema has subsided but still urine protein is 3+ and before 4 days it was Nil