Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Gag reflex issue while giving oral pleasure

Gag reflex issue while giving oral pleasure

Patient: My husband really enjoys oral sex but I have an issue with gag reflex. What can I do to relax the reflex and make it easier for myself. He says it don’t bother him but I really feel bad.

Doctor: Getting too deep may invoke gag reflex which is absolute normal. Gag reflex is a protective reflex in humans that preven ts the passage of anything from the throat, except during normal swallowing. Since he does not bother, you may also rethink and discuss the problem with him over again. You may need to modify things a bit if it is uncomfortable for you.