Gaining functionality in arm after shoulder sugery for shattered shoulder

Q: I am 56 years old and shattered my shoulder in a fall on July 31st of this year. I had surgery on Aug 19th to repair it. The surgeon repaired what he could, but also had to put a partial replacement in. I've been in physical therapy for 9 weeks and do all the exercises at home on days I don't have therapy. I only have 6 therapy sessions left on my health insurance, so I will continue the exercises after therapy is over. The surgeon is happy with the passive range of motion I have. How long should it take for the arm to be functional again? It doesn't stretch far from my side, so I can't reach the steering wheel yet or do household chores with that arm. The arm is basically useless. When I've been typing for 10 mins I get an intense pain in my arm. How long is it before someone's arm becomes functional again, after this type of surgery?