Gaining weight easier

Q: Hi so i am 21 years old im about 5,5 and weigh about 118 as a kid i use to make myself throw up alot to avoid going to school but now im trying to gain weight. as a result of throwing up i dont eat in the morning i was wondering can you recommend something for me to take to gain weight and get rid of my morning sickness

Symptoms:  When i eat in the morning it get nausea

A:   Thank you for your question. Breakfast is a very important meal to have when training to maintain healthy body weight and preventing malnutrition. It is very important that you try to have something to eat, even if it is a light meal like oatmeal, or a protein shake as this will assist you in gaining weight. Your nausea in the morning may be due to irritation of your throat and esophagus by stomach acids. This would have been caused by vomiting. It is important that you have this evaluated by your doctor. You may need to consult a gastroenterologist to rule out any severe damage of your esophagus from stomach acid. You may also be prescribed a medication to lower the amount of acid produced by your stomach to prevent this nausea in the morning. Please see your doctor.

Thank you for consulting