Gallbladder popping and pain

Patient

Q: Hello, I had a gallbladder attack the other day. Now it seems I keep getting a popping feeling and pain in the same area. What can I do to stop this?! Prevent this?

Doctor

A:   Thank you for your question. We are not certain if you have an inflamed gall bladder or gall stones which are obstructing the cystic or common bile duct in your abdomen. We recommend that you ere on the side of caution and have your doctor examine you and perform an ultrasound and blood testing to determine if you are suffering from severe inflammation of the gall bladder. This is a medical emergency and may require immediate surgery.

Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com