Ask The Doctor > Pending > Gallbladder symptoms but normal test results

Gallbladder symptoms but normal test results

Patient: Hi, I’ve been having pains in my upper right abdomen off and on for about 3 months but constant & worsening for about 3 weeks. It gets worse when I eat anything greasy or fatty. I’ve lost my appetite, lost about 9 pounds in 3 weeks. I’ve also had blood tests, ultrasound, egd, hida scan & cut scan all were normal. Also a trip to the er which resulted in nothing but a $200 bill. My ejection fraction was 81.4%. My GI Dr originally told me it sounded just like gallbladder and has referred me to a surgeon for further eval however today the GI Dr told me he believes I have costochondritis?? With all normal tests besides the high ejection fraction, can this still be my gallbladder?

Doctor: