x
162 Physicians Online

Question:

Ganglion Cyst Removal

I had surgery to remove a ganglion cyst a year ago. I am still experiencing extreme stiffness and pain. What should I do? After surgery I went to physical therapy, but I still cannot do anything with my wrist (push-ups, yoga, anything involving bending or flexing my wrist)

Answer:

Your present problems with your wrist could be related to your previous surgery or not. A likely scenario is the formation of scar tissue after removal of the ganglion. Scar tissue formation is normal, however there is the possibility that the scar tissue has affected a nerve or nerves in the wrist resulting in your pain and stiffness. You could have developed some new condition in your wrist such as arthritis though thus is less likely. I suggest you visit your orthopedic surgeon for an examination.

Sign In to join in the conversation.

You’re in good hands, meet ATD’s founding physicians.

• Board Certified GP
  • CMO ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Adjunct Professor at U Of T

• Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
  • Director ATD Health Network Inc.
  • Fellowship Training Atlanta, GA