Garcinia cambogia interfere with contraceptive pill ?

Patient

Q: Does taking garcinia cambogia interfere with the contraceptive pill? i have heard that it may flush the pill out of your system, therefore making pregnancy possible.

Doctor

It is true that Garcinia cambogia tabs which have been marketed as weight loss drugs do reduce the efficacy of birth control pills by causing hormonal disturbances and increasing the chances of failed protection. It is hence not advisable to be used with pills and an extra form of protection in form of barrier contraception has to be implied for maintaining safety from conception.
I hope i have answered your query in detail,
wishing you good health,
regards