Gardasil

Patient : Is there any side effects to the "Gardasil" shot that helps prevent cervical cancer for teen girls who haven't experienced there first sexual intercourse if your not a virgin whis alreday experienced her 1st time?
Doctor :   Developing cancer from HPV is much more dangerous to your health than receiving the vaccine to protect against it. Howev er, like any medicine, Gardasil can cause side effects but the risk of serious side effects is extremely low. It doesn’t matter if you already have experienced with sex or not. Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Gardasil: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat. You may feel faint after receiving Gardasil. Some people have had seizure-like reactions after receiving this vaccine. Your doctor may want you to remain under observation during the first 15 minutes after the injection.