Garlic as a cure for stds

Q: Is garlic a viable cure for stds such as clamydia. Though you are a doctor and would likely look to prescription, I am unable to 1. afford any. 2. cannot stand the humiliation of going into a clinic?

Symptoms:  None

A:   Sexually transmitted infections (STIs) are infections that are spread primarily through person-to-person sexual contact. There are more than 30 different sexually transmissible bacteria, viruses and parasites. The most common conditions they cause are gonorrhoea, chlamydial infection, syphilis, trichomoniasis, chancroid, genital herpes, genital warts, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection and hepatitis B infection. Several, in particular HIV and syphilis, can also be transmitted from mother to child during pregnancy and childbirth, and through blood products and tissue transfer.
Home remedies are not curative for sexually transmitted infections and visiting a doctor is necessary. If you are not able to afford healthcare please find if any charitable organisation is offering subsidised or free healthcare for needy people. Regarding confidentiality, you may visit the local Genitourinary Medicine (GUM) clinic. Your visit to a GUM clinic is confidential and a positive HIV test result will not be passed on to anyone else unless you wish to share it. Even if you are referred to a GUM clinic by your GP, all information regarding your visit will be treated confidentially, and your GP will not be contacted without your permission.