Gas and erections

Patient

Q: I sometimes feel like I have gas and it causes me to lose the urge to have sex. I can no longer get or hold an erection without constant stimulation. Please advise

Doctor

A:   We have noted your concern but urge to sex being lost for possible gas does not explain one to other problem. The word gas is used in so many ways. Often it is because one is anxious. It is also true that one cannot will an erection and hold it while spectatoring one’s own erection. To sustain erection continuous stimulation and capacity to fantasize are necessities. For proper evaluation and management please see your family physician or the specialist.