Gastro-intestinal pain

Patient : What could cause lower back pain over last 2 days?
Symptoms:  Sore throat, lower back pain, green fecal matter
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for posting your query to ATD. Causes of pain in the lower abdomen are many. Infection of a large in testine may be the reason for pain in your case as you are having green color stools. Amoebic colitis is a condition where large intestinal tract is inflamed. Most of the times prolapsed inter-vertebral disc in the lower spine, enlarged prostate, renal calculus also responsible for such pains. You are recommended to consult your doctor who may take a proper history, examine, do necessary investigations to rule out cause of such symptoms and may advise you further treatment.