Gave Blood

Patient

Q: My boyfriend and I just gave blood through oshner. This was his first time donating. It has been over 5 hours since we gave blood and he is having extreme pain in his arm, sharp pains all the way from his arm pit to his fingers. We took off the bandage and he was still bleeding . We have been elevating his arm and he ate before and after we gave blood.
he is comparing this pain to the pain he had when he broke his hip, he heart rate is elevated, and he is body is shaking, his arm is tingling and pale, he is not dizzy though . When the nurse stuck him, she thought something was wrong with the vein so she moved it around a lot for about a minute, when it was actually the tube was not open. Should he see a doctor. I have never seen him in any pain like this.

Doctor