Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Gd evening doctors, Pls Disregard my grammar, im from Matalom

Gd evening doctors, Pls Disregard my grammar, im from Matalom

Patient: Gd evening doctors., Pls. Disregard my grammar…., im from Matalom Leyte Philippines. I have a cousin which until now still in a coma. He was attacked by high pressure which caused him a stroke. According to doctors here he had blood clots in his brain and needs immediate operation but they cant do it until he awakes.. Until now he still in a coma and he’s out from the ICU to a private room waiting till he awakes.. Now, my question Doctors, Is it very dangerous for his life in his situation right now? Is there a possibity for him to be normal if this medication will effect? Are there other ways to cure him without operation? And please give me a possiblities/result in his health if cured? Please give us the knowledge about this Doctors.. Were hoping he will be okay cause has two kids which are very young and raise as a single parent. We dont want bad things happened to him. He’s a very good person..

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Read and understood the history about your cousin who is in a coma. This was due to a str oke caused by high blood pressure. The clots are present in the brain. Doctors opine that he needs an urgent operation but can not do it until he is awake.You have queries about and I have answers to it:1. Is this dangerous in this situation right now? Certainly, this is the most dangerous position and one can never predict.2. Is there a possibility for him to be normal if this medication will effect?> As I told the outcome is not predictable. We have to try till the last. Wonders do occur even in Medical field.3. And please give me a possibilities/result in his health if cured?> There is a chance that the residual effects will be there for lifelong.My thoughts:There is no point in waiting for your cousin to wake-up, In fact early operation will reduce, the bad effects of coma and will give the best chance to have better recovery.Of course, there may be a valid reason for the opinions of your Neurosurgeons depending upon many of the factors that may not have discussed with.I hope his answer helps you.