General question about what time to take meds

Patient

Q: My husband is taking Novo-Levofloxacin, 500 Mg for a lung infection. He is to take one a day for 7 days. He took his first pill at 4:00 p.m. yesterday when he returned from visiting his doc. Does he have to take it every day at 4:00 or can he take one this morning.

Doctor

A:   There is no standard timing for taking oral medication. I would advise that your husband take the medication whichever time he feels is convenient. If he prefers to take the Novo-Levofloxacin in the morning, he may go ahead with it, provided he takes the next dose at the same time and complete the full course of seven days.