Generalised aches and pains, uncontrolled migraine: What could I have?

Q: I'm exhausted and ache everywhere. My migraines are out of control I can't concentrate. I've been to several doctors including a nuerologist, nutritionist, and family practitioners. They keep trying to push antidepressants and vitamins at me. I've tried it all. We've been trying to treat the symptoms and I am NOT depressed. I'm happier than I've ever been in my life other than the physical. I don't know what to do.

A:   I understand your concern , however it is very difficult for me to analyse and give you a diagnosis just based on the symptoms that you have given me.It seems that you migraines seem to be occuring regularly and I think you may be a candidate for prophylactic migraine medication like triptans , or beta blockers. You must talk to your health care provider regarding the same. In terms of your aches and pains you may have polymyalgia or fibromyalgia which again needs to be assesed by your family physician. You say you are not depressed and sometimes thyroid issues may mask the symptoms like that of depression.That is another area that your physician could look into. I wish you the best.