Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > Generalized joint swelling and easy bruising

Generalized joint swelling and easy bruising

Patient: I am 17 and my feet, ankles, and hands have been swollen for about a month. I also bruise easily and got knots on my legs.

Doctor: It is very difficult for me to accurately diagnose what you may be having without having had the chance to examine you . However from what you are describing you may be having some kind of systemic joint involvement which will need further investigations. Also since you are having easy bruising it could also be a blood disorder and thus bleeding into the joints which is leading to the swelling.You also need to get some blood tests done to investigate further.please consult a physician in person. All the best.